Being a product of Virus Scan Security Suite, McAfee On Access Scanner is exclusively made for Windows 7 and Vista. This scanner lets you go through the documents while accessing them on the computer system. It means the service will keep running in the background while the system is running. But this is not suitable with all and can create conflicts with several applications. You can temporarily disable the On Access scanner for troubleshooting the software conflict. You can also uninstall it completely as well. Removing the On Access can free up the resources and will prevent any kind of conflicts. It only adds to the protection if keep running.
How to Disable the Scanner:
- Go to Start button of Windows and click on Programs. For opening the console select McAfee Virus Scan Console.
- Now tap on Access Protection. A screen will appear.
- Next to Prevent McAfee Service from Being Stopped option, unmarks the check box.
- Tap on OK button after clicking Apply button. Then close the console application.
- In the Windows system tray right click on the McAfee icon available at the bottom right corner. You will see McAfee context menu.
- The scanner will be disabled once you click on the Disable On Access Scan option.
How to Uninstall the Scanner:
- Go to Windows Start Control Panel Programs.
- In the Programs section click on Uninstall a Program link.
- At the top of the navigation bar click on Uninstall/ Change after selecting the McAfee On Access Scanner option. You will see Uninstall confirmation box.
- For confirming the removal select Yes. The program will be uninstalled. A notification message will be displayed once the removal is finished. Then tap on OK.
It will be uninstalled.
Call McAfee Support Australia for any issue with any of the above steps at +61-283206056. If you are facing any issue while following any of the above steps then get in touch with the team of professionals who will guide you through the process by dialing McAfee Customer Support Number +61-283173557. You can also discuss your issues and concerns even by dropping an email or via live chat as we are here to help you 24/7.
Related Keyword :
Uninstall McAfee on access scanner
How to disable the scanner
Many steps of disabling and uninstall scanner